Hours of Operation
September – June
Monday to Friday
9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
July – August
Tuesday and Thursday
9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
LaFF is closed during Christmas break, spring break and statutory holidays as well as during school snow days. For special hours of operation, please review our Event Calendar.
- Large motor skills area to climb, jump, run, ride, balance and explore in a safe and exciting environment.
- Visiting, rotating Service Providers including VIHAs: Speech and Language Pathologist, Dental Health, Community Nutritionist, Community Health Nurse, GDC (Child Development Centre)
- Brio Train Station to set up and share with new friends.
- Daily craft Table – what will you create today?
- Lending Library… take a book home to enjoy or find a mat or a lap and have a good read.
- What’s Cooking… calling all hands, big and small… come roll up your sleeves, wash your hands and help create healthy, yummy food to share.
- Imagination Station… dress up like a dragon, whip together a meal for the queen, practice your dolly dressing skills … the options are endless.
- Circle Time… every day after we have worked together to clean up our hall we pull out the mats and sit in a circle to sing songs. Do you have a favorite you would like to share?
- 9:30 a.m. Hall Set Up
- 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. Explore the numerous activity stations
- 11:00 a.m. Story Time on the blue mat
- 11:30 a.m. Clean up Time
- 11:45 a.m. Circle Time
- 12:00 p.m. Good bye to all our friends
In addition to the above aforementioned activities, at LaFF you will also have the opportunity to work with fellow members in our community kitchen. On Monday, Tuesday and Friday you can bring in an ingredient, roll-up your sleeve, wash your hands, and help create nutritious healthy meals!
- Mondays : “Oatmeal and Fruit”
- Tuesday : “Stone Soup Day”
Please bring in a vegetable, rice, pasta or spices to add to our huge soup pot that we will all share.
- Wednesday : “Toast and Fruit Day”
What can you bring to the sharing platter?
- Thursday : “Sandwich Day … Yummmm”
What will you bring to share with new friends?
- Friday : “French Toast Friday”
Please bring in eggs or a topping to share on our French Toast (yogurt, fresh or canned fruit, apple sauce).